At the Nerve Bone and Joint Institute we provide care relating to all of your neuro-muskuloskeletal health needs. Our consultations include a thorough evaluation by our physicians in our state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Washington, DC. Our physicians will assist you in understanding your treatment options and managing your disease.
Our physicians aim to diagnose and treat conditions to achieve optimum results by creating a personalized treatment plan specifically for each patient on a case-by-case basis and closely monitoring and evaluating each treatment to ensure satisfactory results.
Treatment plans may include non-operative or operative care such as physical therapy, minor out-patient procedures, simple injections, surgery, rehabilitation, joint replacements and many more.
Our specialty-focused practice is committed to providing our patients with effective, convenient and compassionate care. Our list of medical services are as follows:
Schedule a consultation with our physicians for hand surgery, peripheral nerve surgery, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We diagnose and treat all painful conditions from head to toe.
Peripheral nerve surgery
Our peripheral nerve surgeons treat Brachial plexus compression, Occipital neuralgia, Suprascapular Neuralgia, Cubital tunnel syndrome, Pronator syndrome, Anterior interroseus syndrome, Guyon's canal syndrome, Recurrent carpal tunnel syndrome, Radial sensory nerve entrapment, Painful neuromas after inguinal hernia repair, Intercostal neuralgia, Cluneal nerve syndrome, Pudendal neuralgia, Meralgia paresthetica, Post total knee replacement knee pain, Foot drop, Sciatic nerve compression, Saphenous nerve compression, Soleal sling syndrome, Fibular tunnel syndrome, Superficial peroneal nerve compression, Sural entrapment, Deep peroneal nerve entrapment, Tarsal tunnel syndrome, Medial plantar nerve syndrome, the Musician's Hand and related peripheral nerve problems, peripheral nerve problems in Diabetic, Chemotherapy, and HIV Patients.
- Electromyogram (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) may be performed to help diagnose nerve injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, brachial plexus compression, tarsal tunnel syndrome, and common peroneal entrapment. We can also evaluate the status of nerves in herniated discs and sciatica.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound examination may be performed to obtain a detailed picture of injured ligaments, tendons, or muscles. Dynamic ultrasound testing allows for reproduction of the patient's pain through movement while investigating the area of pathology under real time ultrasound.
- We may also perform diagnostic ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blocks to confirm the source of pain.
procedures to reconstruct
- Peripheral Nerve repair
- Peripheral Nerve reconstruction
- Peripheral Nerve revascularization
- Sensory nerve transfers
- Motor nerve transfers
- Tendon transfers
- Malunion correction
- Post-traumatic reconstruction
- Joint replacement
- Congenital surgery
- Soft tissue reconstruction
Our hand surgeons treat Thumb Basal Joint arthritis, Tendinitis, Tendon injuries, Lateral epicondylitis, Scapholunate ligament injuries, Sagittal band injuries, Spasticity, Scaphoid fractures, Rheumatoid hands, PIP joint injuries, Digital nerve injuries, Ganglion cysts, Kienbock's disease, Infection, Ulnar collateral ligament injuries, Finger fractures, Malunions, Metacarpal fractures, Wrist fractures, Foreign bodies, Nail bed injuries, DeQuervains, Nerve compression, Burns, Acute trauma, Hand Reconstruction and Rejuvenation, and Amputations.
Our plastic surgeons treat Eyelid Rejuvenation; Facial and Neck Rejuvenation; Abdominal, Flank, and Thigh Reduction and Contouring; Cellulite Reduction, Liposuction and Fat Transfer; Nasal Sculpture and Reconstruction; Breast Augmentation, Lifting, Reduction, and Reconstruction; Ear Reconstruction; Chin Reduction and Augmentation; Lip Augmentation and Reduction; Scar Revisions, Chemical Peels, Mole and Skin Tumor Removal and Reconstruction; Platelet Rich Plasma Injections, Botox and Fillers; and Burn Reconstruction.
treatments to restore function & regenerate
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) to heal tendons and decrease arthritic pain.
- Bone marrow concentrate therapy to help facilitate healing.
- Prolotherapy, which uses our own body’s natural healing abilities to treat ligament injuries.
- Neural Prolotherapy, which reduces pain and nerve inflammation naturally.
- Viscosupplementation Injections: FDA-approved to provide lubrication to painful joints.
- Homeopathic Traumeel and Sarapin Injections for orthopedic injuries.
- Ultrasound Guided Hydroneurolysis to indentify and non-surgically remove areas of nerve compression.
- Ultrasound Guided Percutaneous Debridement of calcific tendinosis to non-surgically remove abnormal calcium deposits that may be causing pain.
- Cortisone Injections
- Trigger Point Injections
hand therapy services
- Accurate Assessments
- Customized Orthoses
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Training
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Soft Tissue Massage
- HawkGrips Utilization
- Wound and Scar Management
- Joint Mobilization
- Neuromuscular/ Sensory Re-education
- Adaptive Equipment Training
- Ergonomic/ Postural Training
- Kinesiology Taping
- Paraffin Wax Treatment
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Individualized Home Exercise Program
- Customized Patient Handouts